This election year was hard for me. Frankly, I wasn't super excited about either of the candidates for President. But, I felt McCain was as close to my personal beliefs as I could get so I voted for him. When I saw on yahoo, that Obama had won, my heart sank a little, but I wasn't surprised by the outcome.
I was talking to my mom about it and we both feel the same way, that it is very important to except the new President, although he was not who we would have wished, with grace and hope. To support the good things about him and hope that he will lead our country into a brighter future. I do still have my reservations about his agenda, I still don't jive with many of his ideas of what being an American means, but, I want to respect him and give him a chance to the best of my ability. Also, it is such a comforting thought to me that really, Obama is not in control, not really, it is God. So, no matter who is in power, we are not to fear.
God Bless our new President, and God Bless this beautiful, amazing country of ours.
1 comment:
Thanks Christie for this blog. I totally agree with you. It's comforting to here these kinds of words. And I need to hear them a lot. A whole lot:)
Post a Comment