
I have felt lately a deep need to start a cleansing process in my life, my daily routine, my thoughts, etc. Its so easy for me to get into ruts and get bogged down. So, its time for some changes. For me it is important to start slowly, not expect to much of myself, and to celebrate small victories(not dwell on the failures). One of my favorite new changes in life is getting up in the morning before Graham wakes up and doing t'ai chi with my sister. It is such a clean, peaceful way to start the day. We do a program that is free with the On Demand channel on Comcast. I seriously feel like it has already helped me with my posture which has been a struggle for me since high school. I went through a period where I wanted to fade into the back ground and so I kind of slouched over and hunched my shoulders and it stuck! But, t'ai chi really helps build up those muscles in a low impact way. But, apart from the physical benefits it also helps center my mind, I like to combine the movements with chanting Scripture in my head or focusing on the blessings of my life and the things I am thankful for...helps with the stinkin' thinkin'...ha! Its just one of the things I am trying to implement...I also bought running shoes, but they haven't left the house yet. But, that is coming! Again, I am starting slow and enjoying the times I do it right not worrying about doing things wrong. My next post, I will dazzle you with how I am actually using a calendar!
2 comments:
I love it!! I'm proud of you and your little victories! Too bad we don't have "On Demand" here in Kodiak... :P
Miss you!!!!
xoxo
Girl you are always on the same page as me, even though we don't know it!!! I am trying to do the same thing, you have just put it in to words which is one step closer to acheiving it than I am!!! You are such an inspiration!. I just got a yoga video that I am planning on doing (altough not in the morning as that would require me to wake up far to early) I will keep you in my prayers and maybe we can do this purging and purifying thing together, The Lord know I need some external motivation! keep itup girl, and I will join you
Post a Comment