Tuesday, September 2, 2008

God is Good

I have had a couple of rough days, for no particular reason actually, other than that lovely visitor that strikes all women once a month. But, none the less, rough is rough and sometimes its hard to see through it. I also know that a few friends out there are having some rough days too and when I came across these verses that I had written down in my quote book I thought, "Yep, gotta post 'em." Life is hard isn't it? We miss people, we struggle with decisions, loved ones let us down, we make mistakes...yet, God is truly good. Always present. Always involved. Always cheering us on even when we don't feel like that is true. There truly is a "peace that passes all understanding" as we learn everyday to lean on Him.

"Even to your old age I am He, and even to your gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you."

Isaiah 46:4

"In quietness and confidence shall be you strength."
Isaiah 30:15

Love,
Christie

3 comments:

Kim said...

I'll keep you in my prayers. Things will look up. You're a strong woman and with Christ you have overcome. Thanks for the encouraging scripture. If you ever need to talk, you have my number.

Emily said...

I'm sorry you're struggling! It's been weird for me the past few days, too, what with missing Jake and the kids starting school...it's just plain hard, no matter how you slice it! Love and miss you!!

Sarah said...

Thank you Christie! You've always been a good friend and full of encouragement. Hang in there :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...